Thursday, December 25, 2008

What a busy week!

Happy girls! They had so much fun!
At the Hendrickson's we take turns and have to wait while each person opens a gift. This was so hard for Cassie and Lynn. They did a great job but it was hectic. Here they are waiting.

Jackie with a new bone and her new balls. She was a happy dog today!


The big carriage is from her Mi Mi and Pa Pa. We got her the small one, and she LOVES them both!

Christmas Day at our house. She is holding what Santa brought her. Her stocking contents are on the floor:) The two gifts behind are from Mom and Dad. A Fisher Price Camera which was a big hit, and a small horse and carriage.

Cassidy making a snow angel in leaves. She thought of it not me. I don't want to think of what is in those leaves! YUCK!!!!

This week has been very busy! I couldn't wait for the two week break, and already I'm exhausted! Cassie has had two play dates. One with my close friend Alison and her son Carter. Cassidy LOVES Carter! The other play date this week was with her cousins Lynn and Dean. She adores both of them, and we met at Chuck E Cheese. Really what's better than that to an almost four year old! I spent all day Christmas Eve raking leaves (13 bags!) That was my Christmas present to Kevin. The neighbor girl across the street came over and played with Cassie while I raked. She was a big help, and I told her to come over anytime, and I hope she will take me up on the offer. Christmas Eve was spent at the Wells. We had a blast, and made it home around 10:45. We put Cassie to bed and woke up the next day to presents. I made breakfast and a dish to take to my Moms and we were off again. We had a lovely ham dinner at My Mom and Dad's and opened more presents. Kevin and I left Cassie with my parents to spend the night and we headed back to Arlington. We hadn't been to an adult movie in awhile. I begged Kevin to see Marley and Me. I think raking the leaves really helped me get my way because he HATES chick flicks. Let me warn all the dog lovers out there that this is a TEAR JERKER! I LOVED this movie. I cried my eyes out and couldn't wait to get home to my first born child Jackie. As some people know Jackie is very special to me. I love her like no one else does, and I know she is a hyper jack rat, but she means the world to me. Sad, I know because I do have a real child who means the world to us also. I highly recommend this movie to all! Although, I wouldn't take small children to it. Cassie wants to see it so bad, but has no clue what it's about. Jackie got out of our front door this week and was loose for about 10 minutes, and Cassie was hysterical about it. So, I'm not the only one who loves Jackie I guess. Tomorrow, I'm going back to Flower Mound to shop with my Mom and take Cassidy home. Next week will be just as busy, and then I will be ready to relax at work again:) The pictues from Christmas Eve are on another camera I will try to post a few of those pics later this weekend. I must say that I have some of the cutest nieces and nephews around, and that is why I love to post pics of them!

1 comment:

txmomof2 said...

Love your latest post--looks like Cassie loved Christmas! What a great wife you are to rake those leaves for Kevin. Happy New Year! We'll miss being at your house this year for the holiday.