Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ready for Christmas Break!

Cassie hanging ornaments on our little tree!
She loves to take the ornaments off the tree and play with them in her room and all over that house!!
Well, Cassie and I have almost made it to our Christmas Break. We will both take 2 weeks off, and I can not wait. The last two weeks have been very difficult at my school. We haven't had a lot of time to do fun things at all. It seems like we have had mostly TAKS practice which isn't a whole lot of fun for them or us! I did get to read Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer, and I helped some Resource students make a reindeer out of a nutter butter cookie, m&m's, pretzels and frosting. They really loved that, and the best part was watching some of them eat it! Two of the girls took their cookies to their Gen. Ed. teacher. I thought that was so sweet! I will help the class that I teach Inclusion in do the same project tomorrow. Christmas parties are tomorrow, and I know the kids will be out of control. I'm looking forward to it :)
I finished all of my Christmas shopping on the 13th. That was really late for me. Ideally, I try to finish it up before Thanksgiving.
Cassie is really into Santa this year. Kevin and I figured out last week that if she is misbehaving we can get on the phone to Santa and have him put her on the naughty list. We were a little slow in figuring this one out.
Cassie will turn four on the 7th of Jan. and is getting very bold. Two naughty things she said this week really cracked me up. The first one was to me, "Get out of my room big butt" I was dancing in her room to a Dora song and I guess she didn't like my moves!! Then, at school she told one of her friends to, "shut her mouth". She has a sticker chart for good behavior, and seems to be loosing more stickers these days! We both can't wait for a two week break! Kevin doesn't have the time off so we are scheduling lots of playdates.

2 comments:

txmomof2 said...

We have that same dog ornament that Cassie is putting on your tree! We sure enjoyed visiting last weekend--can't believe how big the kids are now!

chrissy said...

I am still cracking up about the get out of my room comment. Sad that they have already started thinking we aren't too cool. They are hilarious aren't they? Hope to see you over the break!