Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making waffles on a icy day with Mommy & Daddy

Making waffles on a cold day :)
Cassie loves to help me make waffles :)

Tuesday night is usually library night and breakfast for dinner night. The weather in North Texas was a little icy today. There were several school closings and some schools let out early due to icy roads. My school district never lets the kids out early. Kevin took a half day and went to pick Cassie up from school early. I wanted her to miss her nap so she would go to bed early so I could study for my ESL test. When she takes a nap she doesn't usually fall asleep until around 9pm which makes it hard to study. Even though we put her to bed at 7:30 she still isn't asleep and she is out of her room asking a million questions. Without a nap she will be tired at 7:30 and hopefully will fall asleep earlier. I don't think she needs a nap at all anymore, but I understand why the daycare wants the kids to take a nap. I never thought I would want her to stop taking naps, but I do now. Kevin dropped off her books, CD's and DVD's from the library before he picked her up this afternoon. Poor Cassie is now wanting me to take her to the library. I've tried to explain the road conditions to her, and I think we will be staying put for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

txmomof2 said...

First of all, adorable shirt on Cassie. How fun that ya'll have breakfast night--love it that Cassie helps make the waffles. Today was the pits with the weather. I hate feeling cooped up with 2 kids. Stay warm & safe!