Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cassidy's Fourth Birthday Party

Our Birthday Girl opening gifts from Gi Gi and Grandpa
Before heading to Pump It Up Mom and Dad came over to give Cassidy her gifts. They got her a ton of stuff. One of the coolest things is this Computer School by Fisher Price. Cassidy loves it, and it really is very easy for her to use. They got her the extra Dora and Clifford discs to go with it and Cassidy really enjoys them.

Kayli, Ms. Emily and Jewelia. Ms. Emily is awesome. She goes through all the houses with the kids, and is so sweet!! Cassidy LOVES her.
Maddox and Cassidy ready to Pump It Up!!
Seth getting ready to go down one of the slides.
Bennett. Poor Bennett wasn't feeling great, but was so sweet as usual.
Emma doing back flips in one of the bounce houses. Way to go Emma!!!
Kevin took most of the pictures. I think he did an amazing job. I love this picture.
Cassidy getting ready to climb
The Birthday Girl after blowing out her candle on her cookie.
After jumping the kids had cookies and capri suns. The parents enjoyed some bottles of water and cookies as well.
Cassidy and Seth. A buddy from daycare. We ran into Seth on Sunday at one of our favorite parks. He is a super cool kid. I think Cassidy has a crush on him right now, but she won't tell me. When I ask who she plays with everyday Seth is always in her list of friends that she plays with. I'm so glad he came because I enjoyed talking with his Mom. Seth's family got Cassie a cool princess keyboard and microphone. She didn't have a microphone and she loves the one they gave her. One of her favorite things to do right now is listen to music on her new CD player in her room. Now she has a microphone to sing all her songs.
Lisa Wells, Carter and Cassidy opening gifts from the Wells family. This is a really cool sticker book that we haven't had time to play with yet. I'm sure we will have time this week. There were some really cool bath toys that I hid and will eventually get out. I do that with some of her gifts because I don't want her to get overwhelmed.
Cassidy and Jack. Jack is the son of a close friend of mine from a church group that Kevin and I were in. His parents got Cassidy the coolest bubble blower that she played with this morning for a long time. They also gave her a check which we are going to put into her savings account which will be separate from her college fund. Maybe she can continue to put money in it, and use it to help buy her first car which will be a clunker I'm sure. Maybe even the Vibe that I currently drive. What a great idea Kara and Dan. They knew she didn't really need anything right now.
Brayden, Cassidy, Maddox, and Alexis. Brayden is Cassidy's teacher's son. Maddox and Alexis are siblings. Cassidy had a huge crush on Maddox in the 2 and 3 year old classrooms. He has moved up to the four year old class so they aren't together, but she still adores him.
Cassidy and Carter. Cassidy met Carter when she was about 10 months old. His mother and I were in a Mother's Group together. He is a super sweet little boy, and Cassidy adores him. They always play well together. Poor Carter puts up with our little bossy girl. I love his family, and I'm so glad they were able to share Cassidy's birthday with us. Carter has a little brother Hayden, but he isn't in this picture. The Watkins got Cassidy a really cool Barbie Horse that you can change the head and tail on. Cassidy really had fun with it today. She also got more outfits for her Barbies and a book.
Cassidy with Aidan and Evan opening a Barbie with some clothes. She loves having Mommy change the outfits with her.
Lynn and Cassie. This is one of the coolest gifts ever. It's a huge bag full of dress up clothes. Cassidy LOVES this so much. I love it because it all fits in the bag and we can easily store it. I think Aunt Mundy knew about my little OCD problem with organizing :) VERY COOL GIFT!
Cassidy and Kayli. Cassidy loves these little ponies. They are miniature My Little Pony's
Cassidy and Jewelia. One of Cassidy's daycare buddies. I think she is beautiful.
This is a gift from Cassidy's buddy Elliott. She wasn't able to make it. Cassidy LOVES this toy!!

Cassidy turned four on January 7th. We had her birthday party at Pump It Up this year. I think everyone that attended the party had a blast. I love the fact that we could invite up to 25 children. We ended up with about twenty children, and a good number of adults. Kevin and I even climbed in the bounce houses as did many of our other guests.
This week was hard for me because I finally realized that my baby is no longer a baby. She is a little girl now. Although, at times it seems like she is going on 14 instead of 4. Lately, Cassidy seems to have quite the little attitude. Over winter break Mommy tried to get her back into check. We worked on manners and basic attitude a lot, and I think she was ready to get back to school. In fact, after a week and half of being home with Mommy she said, "Mommy, why am I not going to school anymore?" It made me a little said, but then I realized how much she must love it there. I missed my job and had a great week back. My students had an amazing week back also which was helpful.
We had numerous play dates over the break, and were both ready to get our normal routine. Cassidy started her second round of swim lessons this Saturday, and did an amazing job at her first lesson. She starts ballet and tap again on the 21st. I'm going to attempt to take her buddy Kayli to these lessons since they start at 4:30 and her Mom can't quite make it to the daycare to pick her up and get her to the lesson. I think 2009 is going to go faster than 2008!
I'll be taking a test to become ESL(English as a Second Language) certified on the 30th. So, I may not blog quite as much this month because I will need to study for my test. I've put it off for two years which really isn't like me, but I HATE TESTS!!! Funny since I have to teach to a test.

3 comments:

txmomof2 said...

Kevin did take some great pictures! We had a wonderful time at Cassie's party. Thanks again for having us.

chrissy said...

Looks like so much fun! So sorry we had to miss it. That dog was one of E's favorite Christmas gifts, B loves to take baths with him too. She's so big I can't believe she is 4!

Jenn said...

Hey, Lisa! I found your blog...and I will add it to our list so I can check back...I love blogging, though I have neglected it lately!!!

I love Cassidy's outfit for her birthday party...it is AWESOME!!! We also have the swim to me puppy!

It makes me sad just thinking about Clayton growing up to be 4 one day!!! I know it will be fun, but I really love 1 1/2!!!