Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 is the year to Despoil Cassidy =)




















It's hard to believe that our baby will be six on Jan. 7th!!! This is the year to despoil her. This is a picture of Cassidy in her pretend car in our family room. The funny story about this picture is when I asked her why are you wearing sunglasses she replied, "Because when you drive Mommy you always wear sunglasses." Kevin and I are trying to make her do chores for a small allowance (about $5 a week). In an attempt to despoil her we are also trying to tell her NO more often. I just have to share a funny story that happened while we were on Christmas break. I took her to a place called Going Bonkers. I made Cassidy use her own coins to play all the video games there. I paid her admission. Anyway she had won four small stuffed animals from a claw game and quite a few tickets, but her money was gone. I must also add the we had lunch at Chili's with some friends before hand and she had lunch and ice cream at the restaurant. Okay I'm getting to the funny part I promise. They have a concession stand at Going Bonkers but we had already had lunch and I had water for her and I to drink. She was hot after playing in the huge play area and realized they sold Popsicles at the concession stand. I told her that I wouldn't buy her one and was sorry she had used all of her money on games so no Popsicles. Mundy and I suggested that she ask the manger if she could trade one of her stuffed animals that she won for the Popsicle. I thought of course the lady would refuse her so we waited in line and when we got to the counter Cassidy asked the lady and guess what the lady said I don't normally do this type of thing but just this once for you I will. Good thing she is still cute I guess!!! We will continue to work on making Cassidy earn money to purchase things and also attempt to tell her no quite a bit more. We love that girl so much it's so easy to spoil her. Just had to share this story. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year =)

No comments: